This morning Doran and I got up and drove up to Mantua again. We parked a little further than last Saturday but my watch didn't say we ran any further. I have been worried about my shin and feeling a shin splint coming on and I was hoping that I could just work through it. I did, whew but boy from my ankle to the bottom of my heart (calf) hoits!!
In one area of the canyon I wanted to push myself. I told Doran that I would speed up as much as I could without 'hitting the wall' and then slow back down. I knew if I did this I would be tired and it would make the overpass harder to go up, but I tried it anyway. I was hoping for an 8 minute mile and when I looked down and saw a 7, I did a little WOOT!!! Remember, this is downhill, however there was that overpass that I was quite worried about. It was bigger than the one we took last week. Sometimes I wonder WHY I listen to Doran? We finished 5.25 miles in 51.29 minutes. Kinda bummed Doran out that we didn't finish faster, but I was just relieved that we finished. I wanted to quit so many times but I made it. As soon as I stopped, my legs started locking up. Good thing Doran was there to hang on to. HERO.
After we (I) stretched, we drove back up to get the car. Then when we got home I wrapped up in a blanket while Doran made us an egg samich. He loves me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New Blog
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...
-
Chelsea and I decided to try to start a Good Mail Blog. You will not be able to put posts on the blog. It will be a list of names, addresse...
-
Oh what a time! Back on Saturday we made history!! (La de da. I am singing) So sorry for those that couldn't make it. Tink and I decid...
3 comments:
Way to go.....under an hour! I think that is great and wonderful!
WOW!!! Totally impressed and what a great idea, running down the canyon! And I never knew you could run through shin splints ... seriously ... how did you do that?
Wow, in the 7's! You made great time! What a fun run!
Post a Comment