Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time Management

It seems like when I try to simplify and try to organize my life, things just get busier. Then I get so many "coals in the fire" but I still can't keep warm.

On March 29, I started "Boot Camp". Along with this my eating pattern needed to be changed. This class is Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights. Then I am to get my cardio in on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays. I have just begun my third of four weeks of this last night. There are some days that I am just too tired to go or I have other things that I need or want to do but.......I also started a "Challenge" last week, so NOT going is NOT an option. One of the goals for the challenge is to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. So when I want to just stay home because my day was a long one or for what any other excuse it.....I still go, because I need to get that 30 minutes in.

So the Boot Camp and Challenge they kind of work with each other.
Here is a short description of what I am doing for the next 10 weeks:
1. Dishes done before I go to bed.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
3. Exercise 30 minutes a day.
4. Be ready by 11:00 am.
5. Eat 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of veggies a day.
6. Limit to ONE treat a day.
7. 15 Minutes of ME time.
8. Finish eating by 9:00 pm
9. Wild Card

The Wild Card will be different every week. Last week (the first week), there was a random question we had to answer and post on google account set up for the Challengers. THIS was tough. Not the questions necessarily, but the reading and posting of several women doing the same thing. My e-mail was FULL for a week!
This week we only post two days but we still have a challenge to do every day.

So why has it been harder? Well for one thing, I am doing my best to keep a food journal (takes times). Then I have to go online and post my points each day (takes times). I have to 'read and answer and DO the daily questions (takes times). Then I have make sure I get my Boot Camp time in (takes times, even when I am tired). Then on my cardio days I have to make sure I get my 30 minutes in (takes time and stress). And I really have to watch what I eat (takes will-power). Sometimes I will go a whole day without a treat savoring it for the evening. Then when evening comes around I almost run out of time to enjoy my treat, then it is almost not worth even having one.

I guess that is why they call it a "Challenge" and not a picnic in a park.....well a picnic would take time too, I guess. I AM determined to finish!! Doran is so good. He knows what I mean when I just say "I gotta get my 30 minutes in" or "one more veggie" or "one more fruit", "remind me I already had my treat". He even helps me with the dishes. He is even understanding if he goes to the gym the same time I go to Boot Camp. I get home sooner and might say....."I might start to eat without you." He knows I need to be done by 9:00 so he says go ahead.

If nothing else, I hope I can learn some "GOOD" habits. What is the hardest? Well it is different every day. I am guessing it is the be done eating by 9:00. Sometimes our days are so late that eating at that time is normal. Then the ONE treat a day......some days are harder than others, but I found the more fruit I eat, satisfies most of my sugar cravings.
And to top it all off....my blog is suffering. I need to fit that back in somewhere. Sigh....

3 comments:

Gamble Family said...

Can you give me some of your motivation please?! This sounds like such a good plan...I need to start doing some (most) of these!!

Yvonne said...

Regarding the posting the points--I don't think you have to post them every day. Some times I don't post them for a couple of days ; )

I think you're doing GREAT. Way to go. Hang in there.

Jen said...

That is quite a challenge! Especially the not eating after 9:00 rule. Oh and the one treat a day rule. And the 3 servings of veggies and 2 fruit rule. I'm so proud of you!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...