Saturday began with Doran going to the Torture Chamber to do weights while Audrey and I went running. We made it 4.35 miles. The last 1.5ish miles I was able to run the whole way, of course it was mostly down hill.
We hurried to get ready to go watch the kids hunt Easter eggs at the park. We didn't know they were doing this until about 45 minutes before they started. By the time we got there they were done hunting so we helped them turn their eggs in for candy. Mom and Stan was there helping Chelsea with the kids because Jason was at work. Good thing too. There were tons of people and they divided up times for different age groups.
We hurried to get ready to go watch the kids hunt Easter eggs at the park. We didn't know they were doing this until about 45 minutes before they started. By the time we got there they were done hunting so we helped them turn their eggs in for candy. Mom and Stan was there helping Chelsea with the kids because Jason was at work. Good thing too. There were tons of people and they divided up times for different age groups.
We then went to breakfast. Mom and Stan went home because Mom caught Stan's cold and she wasn't feeling very well.
Here is grandpa feeding Scooter some jelly with his finger. We didn't have any silverware yet. This reminded us of my dad. When Chelsea was little he would take her to Bert's A LOT and he would always feed her the little jelly packets too.
Hmmm what shall we have for eats? Guess who had the camera?
My Favorite COOKIE!
This jelly is good.
Look at that honker!
We taped Conference so we were able to turn it on when we got home. We had TV's blarin' through out the house. Then we will go back and watch what we have missed. We worked on moving furniture in the bedroom and Doran put some knobs on the closet doors and changed some outlets. Then the rest of the house got trashed because I had to take stuff out of the other room (office now) to be able to get the furniture out. SOMEDAY I will have the office and front room and kitchen put back together. As for now......well, call WAY ahead of time if you plan on coming over.BEFORE...
AFTER
Now I need to get a new bedspread, wash and hang the blinds and someone needs to come and hang some stuff on the walls. Not just in this room but the rest of the house too.We watched and worked on the rooms during Sunday morning conference. Sorry we worked on Sunday but this mess is driving me crazy.
During the noon break we went over to mom's to have an Easter Egg/Grocery hunt and some lunch. The little kids sent the eggs over to grandma's and left the Easter Bunny a note where they were. So we had those and plastic eggs for the little kids and groceries for the big kids. My girls didn't know I was doing this but I saw the "grocery hunt" on someones blog and I thought it would be fun. Chelsea, Cortney, Camri & Sarah each had their own piles. When they were done, everyone was suppose to end up with the same amount of items. If someone had more, then they would give something up to someone who has less. Then it was free trade afterwards.
So here you go....NOT in order.
The LOOT!
The LOOT!
Each of the little ones had a certain color they were to look for and they were to leave the "other items" alone for the big kids.Scooter had the color green and they were well hidden in the grass.

Calling in the calvary...
Uh...that is not an egg. Look closer.
Grandma helping with the hunt.
My favorite Mom.
I also made one of these for every family. They are the same amount of "stuff" in them, I just had a hard time figuring out which is the best way to STUFF those pesky bunnies in there.
It makes into some kind of dessert. I hope someone invites me over to test it when they make it. 
My favorite Mom.
I also made one of these for every family. They are the same amount of "stuff" in them, I just had a hard time figuring out which is the best way to STUFF those pesky bunnies in there.
It makes into some kind of dessert. I hope someone invites me over to test it when they make it. 
Jason and Chelsea's loot
Hey wait....who's doing all the work here?
This yard is GREAT!! It was so much fun! In the summer it is beautiful with all the flowers in bloom. Mom and Stan work so hard in their yard.
I think they had fun. I know I did. Thanks Doran, Mom and Stan for helping me with this.
This yard is GREAT!! It was so much fun! In the summer it is beautiful with all the flowers in bloom. Mom and Stan work so hard in their yard.
I think they had fun. I know I did. Thanks Doran, Mom and Stan for helping me with this.Mom and Stan actually got the plastic eggs ready. AND she had THREE "Golden Eggs" that were actually silver. But the instructions were to find these eggs but don't let anyone know that you found them.
This is Cortney's loot
Cookie finding her prizes.
What a ham. Look at those boots. She wears them with EVERYTHING! What is she going to do when her feet get too big? I guess we will have to cut holes in the toes to make sandals.
When they were done hunting, my mom threw a twist in the pot. I wasn't ready for this so I didn't have my camera handy. She had a carton of eggs and explained that some of the eggs were boiled and some were not. If you think you know who has a "Golden Egg" (because in them was something really special) you could get an egg and go hit someone with it. If they had an egg, they had to give it up. Anyone could play this.....at just about that time Jason walked by mom and SMACK! She smashed an egg on him.....There was confetti in the egg. So after the eggs got found and shuffled they opened them. Inside the eggs were "Words of Advice". One from Mom, Doran and Me. It was a lot of fun. Mom and Stan always comes up with something fun for everything we do.
This is Cortney's loot
Cookie finding her prizes.
What a ham. Look at those boots. She wears them with EVERYTHING! What is she going to do when her feet get too big? I guess we will have to cut holes in the toes to make sandals.
When they were done hunting, my mom threw a twist in the pot. I wasn't ready for this so I didn't have my camera handy. She had a carton of eggs and explained that some of the eggs were boiled and some were not. If you think you know who has a "Golden Egg" (because in them was something really special) you could get an egg and go hit someone with it. If they had an egg, they had to give it up. Anyone could play this.....at just about that time Jason walked by mom and SMACK! She smashed an egg on him.....There was confetti in the egg. So after the eggs got found and shuffled they opened them. Inside the eggs were "Words of Advice". One from Mom, Doran and Me. It was a lot of fun. Mom and Stan always comes up with something fun for everything we do.Sarah got smacked.









Bananie


5 comments:
We had lots of fun doing this!! LOL I don't think either of us had a clue in the world that that cereal was on the arbor.
I love the idea of a grocery hunt. Super cool! The gift jars you made were very cute and festive. Oh, and Cookie and my son would get along great. He wears his cowboy boots all the time. What a hoot kids are!
Wow! you guys had a GREAT weekend!
What a fun time--I love the idea of a grocery hunt.
Love all the pictures.
Conference was great, eh.
Explain how you do the grocery loot! Sounds so fun! But email me cause I am a serious blog reading slacker and probably won't make it back here for a while! THANKS hon!!!
Oh and the recipe for the cute jars too!
Post a Comment