Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Break

We had a wonderful Conference Weekend.
Doran had to go to work most of the day on Saturday and we missed him but he was able to listen to some on the radio.
After conference Sarah and I went to Ogden/Hooper to get her fitting for her wedding dress. We also met Denise, my sister-in-law, at her daughters volleyball games. We were able to watch the last game. They won!!
Then we went to Zuchers for some wedding supplies and Applebees for wedding supplies, ok maybe not, but a girl has ta eat! Then Walmart for wedding supplies (and cotton candy). This whole time to guys are getting instruction at the Priesthood meeting on how to spoil your wife. Ok, maybe not that either, but one can always hope.
Here are pictures from Sunday, during conference and break. It is so fun to have everyone there!!! We missed you Bug!
Here is grandpa and the gi.........wait........get out of there Sarah! Your messin up my narration!
Grandpa with Bananie and Monkey. Aren't they just squeezable!!! ALL of them!
While Chelsea and Sarah made breakfast, I fed Da baby. I did such a good job, she is so content. She had pears, water and she fed herself part of a graham cracker. Well she fed her eye and nose mostly.This is the yummies the girls made. It's a lot like the Bar B Cups we make but they used eggs and bacon and sausage instead of hamburger. Delish!!And of course, you can't forget the "healthy" stuff. An Orange smile.Grandpa is reading Cookie the funny pages during break. It is so fun when they just come crawl up on your lap. Cookie is so dang cute.
Banaie is such a great babysitter and big sister. She just loves her little baby. She will change her pants when she needs it without complaining. (At least I haven't heard her complain. She always offers) She looks like a natural teenager taking over! She packs her around and plays with her. She is amazing.
Can you tell how much she loves her? Precious.
Cookie wanted to jump in the pictures too. Time for our walk to the park. Here we go!!!
Pausing for a pose.
Rolling down the hill.
This is Ben's excuse to go down the kids slide. AlL bY mySElf!. K not really.
LOOK AT THAT HAIR!!K. My turn!!!
WheeeeGrandma attackHere we are together, together, together.....Oh here we are together, the grandma and girls.Then Sarah and Monkey. (are you still singing?)And grandma and grandpa.Oh here we are together. Oh wait, I'm alone. (k, the songs all done)Bananie with the poofy hair.
Can you cross the bars? Grandpa was a HE man!!Look at Cookie go!!
Monkey is taking her shift Ben sitting.Watch me do the bars. Can you see the squint folks. That means there is SUN!!!Look at Bananie go. She was real good at this game. I tried it but my hands wouldn't hold my skinny model body. No wonder Doran won't give me piggy back rides. Psha!READY, SETGO!!!Self Portrait time.Look! No handsCan you see Cookie poking up at the top?She is waving making sure we are ready.TA DA!!Ready to go back and get ready for more conference. After a cozy bath, here is Bananie working on her blog. What a smartie!! And do you know what she blogged about? Her cute little baby sister, of course.We really did learn lots from conference too. I challenge each of you to take the challenge that President Monson has given us.....to READ and STUDY and APPLY the messages that have been given in this conference. We should cherish the next month's Ensign!!! About a month ago Susette challenged me (she was challenged by her stake or ward I can't remember) to read the last conference addresses BEFORE this one. I took the challenge and made it. It was so nice to read and study THAT one. Such good instructions! We then decided to finish the Book of Mormon before her son gets home off his mission the first part of June. This also has been a nice challenge.
I know our Heavenly Father loves EACH one of us and wants us to do our best. We need to strive to be a good example to each other and help each other succeed in the good things of life.
I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of Eternal Families. I am thankful for my best friend, Doran and our families. I am so thankful that my mother and father-in-law took the time to teach me those first few lessons when I was 'ready' to heed counsel.
I love you all!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

so many cute pictures. I think that breakfast was made with a cupcake pan! I want the recipe also for the bbq cups, I will look around your blog but if its not here send me both k?

JBPacker said...

Cute pictures, darling kids. It always makes it more fun to read when we are being challenged. I can say the Prophet asked me and I did it... Not to mention the blessings we receive from study. I am on board. Cute Post!!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...