Saturday, May 8, 2010

10k, bills and faucets

Why oh why do we get up TOO early on a Saturday? No need to set an alarm either, but on workdays I need a crow bar to pop me out of bed.

Early this morning I couldn't sleep anymore, which means I slept good last night. Doran was still a little sleepy so I went in the other room and worked on bills. After I got those done we got ready for a run. Audrey decided her house needed more attention than running, so she didn't go with us. Next time I will use that excuse. Anyway, Doran and I headed out in the wind. I didn't make it very far before I started stripping down. Don't worry, it was only gloves and my headband. I was wishing that I wore a short sleeve t-shirt and shorts. But I did discover that my pants folded up nicely from the hem up to my buttocks and they stayed up, making knee length shorts.

I thought that if we made it 4 miles I would be lucky, but then we just kept running. We made it 5 miles and then I thought we were so close to a 10k by time we got close to home that we kept running. I would have quit a long time ago had Doran not been with me. He packed the water so I could have a drink whenever and a couple of times he dumped the water on my head. He actually stayed right with me this time. He got his good run in yesterday. What a great Water Boy! This was my best run this year. I took a driveway width break two times and ran the rest. Woot!

While I showered and did some housework, Doran fixed the outside faucets. Even though we have had a pretty wet couple of weeks, the grass is starting to get crunchy and crying for water.

Just got back from getting groceries and now off to watch the Jazz and work on our lessons.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I was hoping you didn't strip down to just your gloves and headband ; )

Great job. I think it's great that you two run together.

Wish the Jazz could have made those last two shots ; (

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...