Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TORTURE

Why oh why do I torture myself? I get to the point that I am almost getting comfortable with my running and for some reason, whether it be an injury a trip or illness, I stop. Then it takes me forever to talk myself into starting again.
Well I have done just that. Grr...... After work yesterday I hurried home and changed my clothes before I could talk myself OUT of going to the gym for a WALK. It was Doran's running day so I thought I would walk next to him. Well I don't know why I think I can just WALK......So I tried to run a little also. Then I get frustrated because I don't do so well. It's a never ending cycle.
Yesterday I was able to make it 4 miles. YES, I had to walk a lot of that. But.....I made it. The rest of the night my hip hurt. Now I just need to talk myself into going again. I need some kind of plan. I have not been able to go in the mornings to classes because I have been going to work earlier so I need to come up with something else. I NEED MOTIVATION. After work I am too lazy and tired to do anything.
There.....that's my whiny story for the day.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Well, I'll join in on your whining to tell you that is exactly what happens to me. I run, I get better (a little), I get injured, I start all over again a couple of months later. It really stinks, so I feel for you. Good job making yourself do it. It's never really fun when you know it's going to be torture. Sorry.

Yvonne said...

I just started to run. I'm in my third week of my "Learn to Run" class. I'm enjoying it but don't know if I'll EVER be able to run for any length of time.

KEEP IT UP.

susette said...

WE are on our way girl together!! Hang in there. I love the new blog. :) You are awesome

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...