Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today is my mom's birthday. She is something years old. She is a woman of many talents.
When she was growing up they lived on a farm. She didn't have any brothers so she worked hard on the farm and in the fields. This must have been where she learned how to work hard. She has always worked so hard for her family. We never went without. At least we didn't know if we did.

Mom was a great softball player!! I loved to go watch her play. I was amazed how fast she could pitch and how fast she could run! She played pitch and shortstop. She even coached me in softball when I was younger. She taught me to pitch! I became a pitcher and played shortstop too when I was older. Then I also played rover during Co-ed games. She taught me the love of the game. She even gave me her mitt when she quit playing and that is still my favorite mitt!!

She always supported my brother and I in anything and everything we tried to learn. She was very patient but made us responsible for the things we committed to do. She was always to our games or activities in whatever we played. I was even a cheerleader for my brothers city team when we were teens. She made my cheerleaders outfit.

When we were young, mom made a lot of our clothes. She is a great seamstress. She still sews and quilts and crochets. She has made blessing dresses and beautiful quilts! These are some talents I was too lazy to learn. Sorry mom. I wish I could do it all now.

My mother is a great cook!! (Something I also lack) She is always trying new recipes and we have never tasted anything not worth making again. Yummy. Doran loves to go over when she is trying new things. He is a big fan of her cooking! She spoils me too. When she bakes she will make half of whatever she is making with nuts and half without for me. Same thing with seafood. She is always thinking of me.

My mom has a great sense of humor. She is always cracking jokes and she even laughs at mine. She is fun to play games with. She has a quick wit about her.

AND if you have never been to her house in the summer you are missing out. She has an AMAZING yard!! Her and Stan work so hard on their yard. They have yard sales once in awhile and their yard sales are so clean and organized. But the people are always commenting on how beautiful their yard looks. Some even say we just come to see the yard and not the yard sale.
Many, Many talents!!
I love your guts mom!
Happy Birthday!!

6 comments:

Kori said...

Awww Happy Birthday Jody's Mom!

Kelli said...

she looks great. What a lot of great talents.

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. She sounds like a great lady!

Jen said...

She looks amazing for being something years old ;0)! It looks like she also has beautiful red hair! She sounds like a wonderful mother and friend. Happy birthday to your mom!

Mel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODY'S MOM! YOU RAISED A GREAT DAUGHTER.

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday to your mom :) ♥ Hugs!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...