Friday, January 9, 2009

Anniversary Ideas

For our 25th Anniversary, Doran and I were going to go on a trip to Hawaii for a week and hope to catch a cruise for another week. We were so excited because we wouldn't have to plan ANYTHING. It is all arranged, the flights, rooms, food, excursions. All except the souvenirs. Well the group we were going to go with decided to take this year off. So we are not going now. We don't know what to do.
We have contemplated:

* My new ring
(Mel, I am happy for you AND jealous, yours looks just like the one we found last month)

* A 'closer to home' trip

* A new TV

* Down payment on a new kitchen.
(The rest of you will have to chip in money for this one)

* Or??? We have a lot of imagination......NOT!!

So.....what ideas do you have?
Remember.....IT'S OUR 25TH!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lock all the doors.
close all the curtains.
turn off all of the lights & light candles (it works wonders for the skin)

and HAVE ---ahem---FUN. in every room.

that is what i would do :)

bow-chicka-bow-wow!!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. turn the ringer off the phone!!!! that is important!!!

Jen said...

Gotta love Merrianne's suggestion! That's awesome Jody--25 years! Wahoo! There are always OTHER cruises to choose from. My hubby and I have always had to celebrate close to home because of limited finances--There are some great bed and breakfast places out there! I'm all for an overnighter! Can't wait to hear what ya do!

Jen said...

Gotta love Merrianne's suggestion! That's awesome Jody--25 years! Wahoo! There are always OTHER cruises to choose from. My hubby and I have always had to celebrate close to home because of limited finances--There are some great bed and breakfast places out there! I'm all for an overnighter! Can't wait to hear what ya do!

Lindsay said...

I am a big believer in Cruises! They are wonderful, even if you do go by yourself! David and I have done 2 and will go on many many many more! That is my vote!!!

Audrey said...

I vote cruise too! All you have to decide is where, the rest is done for you. Congratulations!

Kelli said...

just tell me what day and I will make you a very nice dinner here at my house along with 25th aniv. cupcakes. hehe. I vote a cruise. Cruise are the BEST. Whens the aniv? cheapest cruises are in May and we went to alaska, no sun bathing but so relaxing and I think thats what you both need this year, relaxing togetherness!

Tina said...

Go on that big, fat, honkin' trip anyway!! It'll be great to getaway with your best friend! :)

Or stay home with the ringer off and the doors locked. Whatever floats your boat! LOL

Congratulations, that's awesome!

Chelsea said...

Do NOT stay home. Go out. Go somewhere for the day then spend the night somewhere. Do something that is not you at all. You'll have fun just hanging out but stay away from the routine of home. You'll have too many 'to-do's' running around in your head.
I ♥ you guys. Happy early anniversary.

Ashley said...

Go on a trip for sure! Even if it has to be close to home, like an overnight trip or a weekend away somewhere, I think trips are the BEST way to make anniversaries memorable! Your husband is lucky you're not too picky about it. When I hit 25 years I'm going to make my husband take me to Fiji or somewhere really exotic like that!

koopermom said...

Go on a cruise!!!!!!!!! Do it! Or at least leave town for the weekend! I would just leave and be together with no phones, nothing all weekend. Fun.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...