Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Welcome to Jackson Hole!!

PART ONE: Our story begins about a month ago when we had to make alternate plans for Mother's Day. Cortney would not be flying up then but she would fly up for Memorial Day weekend. That would give us ALL one extra day anyway. Sooo Chelsea and I decided that we would try to make plans for Jackson, WY. We wanted to go to Bar J Chuckwagon. Chelsea called and found a couple of rooms for us at Snow King Resort. She booked two rooms with two queen beds. And we planned on taking an air mattress also. We were going to divide and conquer.
I made reservations for Bar J for Friday night. When I 'informed' Doran what we (Chelsea and I) had done.....he said we might as well stay two nights. Well twist my arm....so I immediately called to get another night for both rooms. To make a LONG story short we did get another night but.........we were told we had two rooms with four confirmation numbers....go figure... and they did not have adjoining rooms. No fridge unless you paid another $10. Well we decided that McDonald's was cheap.....so we didn't get a fridge.
PART TWO: About three weeks before we left Chelsea got really sick. If you notice her blog, she hasn't been on for awhile. After one week she was diagnosed with Bronchitis. Another week and she was getting worse and then she was diagnosed with Pneumonia. Well do we stay home or hope she gets better? In the mean time we moved my grandma down here and so my mom and Stan wouldn't be going. Camri ended up having some bad tonsillitis and Tanner got sick. WHAT??? Is this weekend not suppose to happen?
PART THREE: A few days before 'lift off' time we decided whoever could go, would go. Tanner was feeling better the afternoon (Thursday) they were to fly up, so they came. (At 11:00 pm I might add. Did he not remember that we are older and need our sleep when he booked? It really wasn't that bad, but anything to give Tanner a bad time.) We left Friday morning....who all went? Well a sickie Chelsea, a getting better Tanner, but poor Camri stayed home, and the rest of us went.
READY??? HERE WE GO.............
Here is Bananie and Cookie enjoying the ride...

PART FOUR: Arrival. We found the Snow King Resort. Doran and I and Chelsea went in to check-in. As we were doing this I asked them if we were on the same floor. (Because they couldn't guarantee that before). He said yes and they were adjoining rooms. WHAT?? I thought they didn't have adjoining rooms. I then asked him......well is there a fridge in the room.....he said...."There is a full kitchen and one kitchenette. There are three full baths (two with double sinks) and three bedrooms. There are two, TWO, sets of washer and dryers. TWO fireplaces and two decks. Doran got all worried and asked him if it was for the price they quoted us? The guy said he didn't know what we paid for it. So he told us where to park......in our own parking garage. Hello.....ok for some of you that can afford this kind of stuff all the time, this might not seem to big of deal......but for us....it was a WAY big deal. Especially for how much we paid for it. Here are a few pictures.

If you notice the 'sale' price......$1,550,000. We all just wowed and smiled the whole time there.Cookie was just lovin' the kitchen. (It was totally furnished with dishes and such).
This was our bathroom. There was a nice big shower off to the right and beyond that....a walk in closet.
PART FIVE: K. On with some more fun. (The main reason we went). Cookie was so tired from the ride and was falling asleep in grandpa's arms while we were standing in line at the Bar J. It was kind a sprinkling on us and while we were inside it poured, but quit when we left. My granddaughters are SO DANG CUTE!!!Not sure how Tanner liked the show but the rest of us were in tears laughing so hard. But hopefully we converted him to Bar J Wranglers.It's hard to get cheap help. You gotta deal with blurry pictures. Oh well.Here is Sheriff Tanner showing Cortney how 'buff' he is. Little Miss Sheriff Cookie The BAR J WRANGLERS. Their 'Grandma' came for a visit and sang us the song of "Grandma's Altered Farm". It was great! Especially when her teeth fell out and she popped one of her boobs with her pitchfork.Tanner and Doran checking out the Buffalo chips. MMM MMM good.Cookie didn't make it through the whole program.

PART SIX: Shopping day. (Because the Alpine Slide was not open.)
Sister time.

This is what we do to children that misbehave.
And this. We make them kiss the am i nals.
We stopped in Ripley's Believe It or Not, and they had this room. The walls, ceiling and floor rotated around the spot Brianna is on. Most of us got dizzy. Grandma....look what I found. Can I keep him?
How bout him?
Do we look alike?
Watching the Indian dances. It rained off and on most of the day. We stopped for lunch around two and it really started picking up. By time we got done it was pouring. We headed to the car. And can you believe Chelsea had flip flops on the whole day? Most of the festivities I am sure were cancelled due to the downpour. Too bad. It was their grand opening for the season in Jackson Hole.
By time we got back to the "little" hotel "room" Cookie was running a fever. So we put the kids in their swimsuits and let Bananie and Cookie play in our tub with the jets. Well by time we got the bubbles going, Cookie didn't want to get in there so she went and got in another tub. I don't know if it was the bubbles or the jets running that she didn't like.But she had fun here.
After everyone had a nap we decided to just get pizza and stay in our cramped little room. IT WAS GREAT!!!
Well so long!!! Hope you enjoyed our trip as much as we did.

10 comments:

Kelli said...

first let me say, I could have enjoyed it as much as you if you would have let me come along. you had enough room! Next time I read one of your "weekend" posts, I will take notes, cuz there was so much I wanted to comment on. Great room, cute grand daughters, fun family weekend.....I know there was more.......cant remember, but great fun post.

Michael and Lisa Sumner said...

Wow- that place is amazing! I wish I could have been there. :( It looks like you had so much fun. Thanks for posting pictures. :)

Tina said...

So fun!! Family trips are great...glad you guys had such a great time!!

(I've been through Jackson Hole once...I think Harrion Ford used to live there)

Jodi said...

Oh man! I am so jealous! What a great room! I am so happy you had such a great time. We LOVE the BAR J Wranglers! We go at least once a year while up there. I can't get enough of "grandma". Hmmm.... and I always thought she popped her balloon accidently! Guess its part of the show... lol

Yvonne said...

I love Jackson Hole. Looks like great fun. You did such a wonderful job with the pictures and writing all about it.

Jen said...

What a fun time and great room! Glad everyone (except Camri) got well enough to make it! Tell me again how you got that room?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by - good luck getting caught up :)

Wow-what a super nice 'little room' you guys had!! Looks like you all had a great time. The kids are adorable! I hope everyone is feeling better now.

Take Care

The Hoyt Family said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!! I love the Bar J wranglers.. Its been 3 or 4 yrs since we saw them last...

Mandi said...

That looks like you had so much fun! All of your family looks so good. I swear, you and Doran do not age.

Becks said...

Fun!! I'm so glad you guys went. Looks like it turned out GREAT, even amidst the weather. We're definitely going to go sometime & now we know all the fun things to do!
Becky :)

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...