How do you do your home teaching? Doran and I go home teaching together. We visit a couple of widows and two families.
We decided to invite the families to OUR house. We planned on a wienie roast. (It's all about the food. And since it's all about the food, Chelsea and the girls came too. I trained her well). It started to get pretty cloudy and threatening to rain on our parade. Well it did drizzle a little after Doran got the fire started. But it quit before everyone got there. It stayed pretty nice while we were roasting but when we sat down to eat the wind picked up. We have a big shade tree that we have our tables under and it was dropping flowers and helicopters right in our food. Soooo we moved the party indoors. And oh shucky darns.....American Idol happened to be on. Out of obligation, we had to watch the last performing night. David against David. Here are some snapshots of the fun we had.
Cookie just loves No Bawlin's. As soon as she saw Bishop No Bawlin outside she started running over to him. I ran inside to grab my camera. As soon as she sat down she saw me with the camera.
Soon he figured out why she was posing.
Here is my Bananie enjoying her feast.
This does not look like a very comfortable position to eat. Isn't Ellie so cute?
Kristi and Kayla were trying to get out of the way, but I made them smile for the camera.

Mmm....Doran made homemade Root Beer. 

We (Joni and I) are keeping our eye on Jan........
She is being dreamy over David Archuleta.
Why can't she be dreamy over us?
Oh, maybe she was thinking about this guy.....Mr. Bret.
And these two......father and son aka Jake and Eric.....they are thinking everyone here is a little loopy.
What is that Sesame Street song.....'One of these things don't belong with the other. Two of these things are kind of the same'.............Obviously someone forgot to get an extra helping of crazy dessert. Can you guess who? And NO, Jan is NOT as innocent as she looks.
So... I repeat my question............How do you do YOUR home teaching?
7 comments:
How fun! Now if the church would institute that as the way to do home teaching then everyone's would get done!!! I just love Bishop No Bawlin'!!! Just seeing him makes me laugh!
Thanks again for ALL YOUR encouragement with the race. It meant a lot to me. You are awesome. Hope to see you running it with us next year!
great idea to get it all done at once. And it looks like everyone had fun. Oh and homemade rootbeer. We should have your homemade rootbeer and I could make rootbeer cupcakes. Yeah!
What a fun idea! Brad and I are going to try it. That's a great picture of Bishop No Bawlin' with you little cutie!
You all are so fun!!!
Fun crowd!
How much fun!
ok, you can go out of town but at some point you have to come back. I need you! hehe
That is DEFINITELY the way to do home teaching.
Homemade rootbeer--how wonderful.
Love the pictures--especially the last one.
Post a Comment