Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh the PAIN!!!

I have been itching to get out and get some kind of exercise. I finally talked myself into running down by my work. There is a 'route' that I have been wanting to try sooo.....I talked Doran into going with me last night on his way to the gym. I had my clothes in the truck so whenever I got inspired I wouldn't have an excuse NOT to do something. Well yesterday was a long day. I needed to do something before work (7:30) or I wouldn't have time because I had board meeting for work at 7:00 pm. I didn't do anything before work except drag my beeehind out of bed and get ready for work. So my chance would be after work and before board meeting. (I usually don't even go home on these days) Well my HE MAN stayed with me as long as he could but he ran on ahead. It was a buggy route. I don't know how many bugs we inhaled. He did come back once for me but then left me in the dust again. He was so gone and beat me back by one hour. I have still been coughing but I have been able to sleep at night (most of the night). Talk about having my throat on FIRE while running. What was I thinking? I only coughed a couple of times ON the run but when I got back.......I thought I was going to cough up a lung. The route was about 3.45 miles and took us me 38 minutes. So, tell me....should I be doing this to my lungs already? I want to get better but I am tired of sitting on my tush and eating.....well maybe not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. I too am a fan of games on TV unless I am sitting courtside. :)

I just wish I could get the disire to run again. I did really well last summer but jsut no feeling it this year. About the coughing after the run, I always cough a little after a run no matter if I am healthy or sick. I don't know what to tell ya!!

Kelli said...

I have to rethink our friendship, your one of those people that has exersize clothes in her car? I will get back to you on our friendship. JUST KIDDING. Your an inspiration. Good job. Great time even when your still a bit sick.

Jen said...

Take it easy! And don't you know all those bugs are just extra protein! Yum! You're pretty dedicated to have clothes in the car and to fit it in to a really busy day. Good going!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...