On the Thursday before Labor Day Chelsea went to the Dr. and was hoping he would schedule her for Friday morning to start her in Labor. Well after her appointment she called me and said he wanted her at the hospital at 6:00 that night. We already planned for the kids to come over that night and stay the night and I would take Bananie and Cookie to school in the morning and Grandma Annie would take Scooter while I went to work.Bananie is so excited for baby Brayson to come out!

Friday afternoon Brayson finally arrived with all his fingers and toes!


That evening Cortney, Mom, Me, Bananie and Cookie all went to the play "Annie". It was really cute! (I lost my pictures. So sad! The girls even got their picture with Annie.)
The next day Doran, Cortney and I went down to visit the baby at the hospital. While we were there Jason showed up with the girls. Jason and Chelsea were going to have their famous "Free Hospital Dinner" at noon so Cortney and I took the girls home with us while Doran went to get supplies for the roof.
While Cortney and the girls put in a movie I walked away for just a minute to get some laundry ready. THIS is what I found in my kitchen!!! She was dumping the dish soap out and smearing it like finger paint!!! She used half a bottle!

Who could get mad at this face? Especially when she says "Cheese" when you just hold up a camera. Notice her hands and clothes. The front of her is coated well. I debated whether to just stick her in the tub, clothes and all, or try to peel them off.

The kids like taking a bath at our house cuz they get Popsicles.

Cookie decided to join her. (They were going to get a bath anyway.)
Then Bananie got in the shower while we dressed the raisin foot girls.
After that episode Jason took the girls home for nap time.
Then Cortney and I started a project. Remember when Joni moved CLEAR ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!??? Well she left this bench and said I could take it. I am NOT very creative but I thought MAYBE I could figure out something to do with this.
So I put my 'sanding slave' to work. She did a mighty fine job!
Then later we got the primer and paint a goin'. My 'paint slave' is working hard here too. She looks just like the 'sandin' slave'.
Then we HAD to go shopping for a cushion. WaLA! It turned out so cute! Thanks Joni!BEFORE
Then I got these new cushions to match the bench!
On Sunday we had our Family Dinner.
AFTER
Doran said he would cut some more wood so fit over the holes so people don't think they are 'out houses' fall through while 'burnin' a dog'.
Then I got these new cushions to match the bench!
Can you believe that Doran brought this nice doily out soppin' wet to "wash off" the tables? He thought it was a dish rag! I straightened him out real quick! Ordered him to start the grill.









9 comments:
Holy cow! What a weekend! I'm so glad little boy made it safely into the family. And I love your new benches! The colors are fantastic! I think I need to move next door like No Bawlin so that I can eat at your house all the time!
Oh, and my vote would always be for a beach somewhere. Even if it's only for one day. Good luck! Can't wait to hear where you end up going!
Looks like a great weekend--perfect actually.
Congrats on the baby, grandma.
Love the bench--great job. I wouldn't have known where to start I love the cushion.
Have you heard anything about Doran's job?
Congrats, Grandma! I love the bench!
You're SO creative! I LOVE the benches and cushions; and WOW. ENJOY that new grandbaby! Congrats~
That baby boy is so sweet. How lucky to have a baby to rock. And what nice grandparents to make sure the big sisters had attention too. :)
I love, love your benches! I've been eyeing those cushions all summer. They're the cutest ones I've seen!
TONZ of WORK!!!!
The benches look fantastic! You guys were busy. Hope Doran's job is secure! Too scary!
Wait! I sent that way too soon. Your new grandbaby is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations to all of you. It looks like that was quite the bubble bath with all the dish soap on her body!
It's fun to be a grandma!
Post a Comment