A few weeks ago a dear friend of mine moved.
Clear!
To!
Tennessee!!!
How rude! Well with all their packing their belongings up in a big truck (this means no talking them out of it now)
and hauling some to the D.I. I wasn't sure what I could give them as a "Going away" gift. Then it hit me! WHAM (icing black eye).
and hauling some to the D.I. I wasn't sure what I could give them as a "Going away" gift. Then it hit me! WHAM (icing black eye).I called our good friend Gary, cuz that's his name, and told him I need $$ worth. I don't even need to tell him who I am because who else just calls and doesn't identify themselves before they request things? Nor do I need to tell him what I need, he is a phsyco psychic. Anyway he proceeds to cut me some yummy meat to make some jerky. (Everyone loves it when Doran makes jerky.) This time I helped.
Gary is Da Man!
This is the contraption we bought eons ago from a friend. It has been well worth the $15 we paid for it.
First we marinate just long enough to get the dinosaur in and ready to work over the sink.
Then we place the strips on the trays.

Shake on some coarse pepper.

And slide the trays in ready to be dehydrated. We do this outside so it doesn't smell up the house and so our neighbors can be jealous.
Wala! Packaged and ready to go. This is the same process we go through when we get ready for Christmas, camping and vacations.
The intended target. Eric, Kayla, Joni, Lyle, Kristi.
Jake was over at school.
Jody and Joni
Joni is one of those people that gets along with anyone. She is a great friend, confidant and all around great person.
Jody and Joni
Joni is one of those people that gets along with anyone. She is a great friend, confidant and all around great person.I will miss you like crazy Joni.
Thanks for being my friend!
Love your guts!
3 comments:
What a sweet gift. One from the heart.
Sounds like she was a fabulous friend. You are both so cute!
Bye, Joni! We'll miss you!
Now I am super jealous. Maybe we will move too so you can bring us some jerky...
Post a Comment