Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Trip Day 3 - Monday, July 12, 2010

Random pictures because there are too many to put in order.

On Monday we went to Mt. Rushmore. Then we went back to camp and then to town. Some of us went back to see the lights and the program at Mt. Rushmore. I really enjoyed the roads.

I LOVED these tunnels. I got out and ran behind the truck so I could get a good picture. There was this nice car that wanted to run me over. They really needed to chill because they couldn't get past the vehicles in front of them anyway. Sheesh!!

If you look real close in the next picture you can see Mt. Rushmore in the upper left of the mountains. We stopped at a lookout. At first mom didn't want to go up because she does not like heights.But we assured her there were walls all around and she would not fall.
Miranda and Doran
Katie, Jordan, Miranda
In our travels we came to an area that had "wild" donkeys. Jon is having a stare down with one of them.
Stan and Mom
I loved how the road just split.
During the evening program they had all the service people come up so we could support them. It was a neat feeling to be there.
Jon was being a photographer for some out of country people. He is trying to get a good shot of Mt. Rushmore behind them.
Aren't we buff holding up the mountain?
Jordan, Stan, Donk, Miranda, Katie
Teaching old men kids' games.
Miranda, Denise, Stan, Mom
Jordan and Jon enjoyed the slide.
They were crazy drivers!
Jon is enjoying the scenery.
Boarding Walking around Mt. Rushmore.
Jody, Doran, Jon, Katie, Jordan, Denise, Miranda, Mom, Stan


Mt. Rushmore is just past Jon's right shoulder.
Best Friends
Chip off the ol' block.
This is the stomach of a Bison. I am impressed with the uses of every piece of an animal. Guess what they made baby rattles out of.......uh.
Don't feed the bears donk's.Tha, tha, that's all folks. We had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Did you take the donkey home? Looks like he reallllllly wanted you.

Way to hold up the mountain!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...