Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day

On Memorial day we went to the cemetery for the Memorial Day program and balloon release.
See my teef. It is a wonderful way to pay tribute to those men and women who give of themselves for our freedom.
I'm proud to be an AMERICAN!!! Bananie and Cookie
We also wrote on balloons in memory of our dads.
Scooter wanted to color on more balloons.
Scooter and Grandpa
We miss you dad (Kimball).
We miss you dad (Joe). I spelled this wrong. It is hijita.
Ready....set....
GO!!
Grandpa Kimball never got to meet Scooter and Grandpa Joe was able to hold her when she was a just few days old before his passing.


We miss you both!!

3 comments:

susette said...

Tell me what the yellow balloons represent. Looks fun! And do please explain what nita stands for? Is that a new nickname I need to start using for you?

Is sweet little Bananie wearing make-up? She's looking pretty grown up there. Such cute granddaughters!!

Beth at Aunties said...

What a wonderful tradition. We send loves up at funerals but seem to live so far away on memorial day to be able to do it. We usually always have the little children cry when they let their baleoons gooo. So we always have extras!
I am sure both grandpa's had a smile on their faces!:) We have had children cry when they let their baleoons gooo.
Darling granddaughters!

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful tradition.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...