Bananie started softball this week. Monday was her first game and she did pretty good!
She didn't play T-ball so this is all new to her.
Her first position was Short Stop. My mom and I were so excited because this is the position that we both played.
The next inning they all switched and she moved to picture. They have a pitching machine but she played the position. She has never played before so when the first ball that came her way, she just kind of stepped aside so the ball could go past her. Then the "instructions" started coming. Get the ball! Run after it! Stop the ball! You get the idea.
So the next ball got hit to short stop and bounced beyond. Where was Bananie? Remember her position is pitcher, well she headed out field to get the ball! She was told and how quickly she learns to GO GET THE BALL....even if it IS out of her position. LOL It was so cute!
She really put her heart into after that. Here is the next ball that is heading to 1st base. She is helping, and she stopped the ball! Skinned up her hand and knee doing it.
GREAT JOB BANANIE!!!
Now she is up to bat. So fun! I LOVE this age!
My mom use to play when I was a puppy and we would play with our friends at the park while she played ball. She was a dang good player and FAST!
She coached me when I was little and then I continued to play when Doran and I got together. We LIVED at the park. Doran played on a men's team and I played on a women's team and we also played on a Co-Ed team. It was SO much FUN!!
When our kids started "living" at the park too, Doran decided that we needed to stop and spend more time with then at home. Psha! Why did I listen? We just got lazy and out of shape. We have not been back since.
Here is her first time up to bat.
And her first time coming to home!
Woot! Great Job Bananie!!
What a great score for this age to end on!
Go Annie!
Cookie is content to entertain herself. She is so funny!

Cookie will have her first T-ball game on Thursday.
Looks like Doran and I will be living at park after all.
GO TEAMS!!
Her first position was Short Stop. My mom and I were so excited because this is the position that we both played.
The next inning they all switched and she moved to picture. They have a pitching machine but she played the position. She has never played before so when the first ball that came her way, she just kind of stepped aside so the ball could go past her. Then the "instructions" started coming. Get the ball! Run after it! Stop the ball! You get the idea.So the next ball got hit to short stop and bounced beyond. Where was Bananie? Remember her position is pitcher, well she headed out field to get the ball! She was told and how quickly she learns to GO GET THE BALL....even if it IS out of her position. LOL It was so cute!
She really put her heart into after that. Here is the next ball that is heading to 1st base. She is helping, and she stopped the ball! Skinned up her hand and knee doing it.GREAT JOB BANANIE!!!
Now she is up to bat. So fun! I LOVE this age!My mom use to play when I was a puppy and we would play with our friends at the park while she played ball. She was a dang good player and FAST!
She coached me when I was little and then I continued to play when Doran and I got together. We LIVED at the park. Doran played on a men's team and I played on a women's team and we also played on a Co-Ed team. It was SO much FUN!!
When our kids started "living" at the park too, Doran decided that we needed to stop and spend more time with then at home. Psha! Why did I listen? We just got lazy and out of shape. We have not been back since.
Here is her first time up to bat.And her first time coming to home!
Woot! Great Job Bananie!!
What a great score for this age to end on!
Cookie is content to entertain herself. She is so funny!
Cookie will have her first T-ball game on Thursday.Looks like Doran and I will be living at park after all.
GO TEAMS!!
3 comments:
Looks like she is a chip off the old block! Great job Bananie!
So fun--I miss those days of watching my kids play baseball--and living at the baseball field.
That's so cool that she got to play the same position that you did. Looks like you have a fun filled summer ahead of you!
Post a Comment