Last night Doran and went over to Jason and Chelsea's to watch the kids while they went to the baby Dr. This was their first visit for their fourth (girl). Ok, maybe we don't know what it really is going to be, but no one knows how to take care of a boy so.....
Scooter and I played games and read books while Doran played Chutes and Ladders with Bananie and Cookie. I took a picture with Chelsea's camera but it somehow got deleted.
When it was bedtime we all gathered in the front room and Grandpa Doran started to tell the kids the story of "The Bunnies Magical Playground". When our girls were little the kids loved to listen to him tell the story. I sent a text to the girls and told them they were missing out on the story. The were bummed. You can't buy it in stores, you see he makes it up each night. There are different adventures each time and the story will include the kids.
Scooter was getting restless so I had to stand up and rock her in the hall to try to get her to sleep. I couldn't hear the story very well but last night they came across a jerky tree or bush. (Our family LOVES Doran's homemade jerky) And there was even a lemonade stream.
I just love it when he tells stories like this. He made me smile and giddy inside just thinking about when our girls were little. He has such a great imagination! Too bad he doesn't write things down.
Ah...the memories we make!
2 comments:
Ah! He is awesome!!
Wow, all these talents we never knew Doran had! Next time you need to video it! You guys are great grandparents!
Post a Comment