I'm doing the posting so I can tell this story how I remember it, right?
Doran and I met 27 years ago last month. For me I was smitten the first time I met him. (Plus he had a nice car and offered to pay the babysitter.) It took me a whole year to convince him that he loved me. I chased and chased until he finally caught me. Then one day he asked me if I wanted to get married the next weekend? Well yaaahh. I figured we better hurry before he changed his mind. My mom and everyone did a fantastic job putting a wedding together on such short notice. And I thought that his family, living 600+ miles away, would clobber us. (Remember it was Doran that gave you such short notice.) But they were so good to make arrangements and come on up. We had the bishop in my mom's ward marry us in her front room. Doran's Best Man was his cousin, Gordon, and my Maid of Honor was my best friend, Carol.
Would ya look at those youngsters.
We were married a year and a month after we met. Chelsea was two by the time we got married. Doran has been such a great daddy!!
We were married a year and a month after we met. Chelsea was two by the time we got married. Doran has been such a great daddy!!I just love my long haired hippie.
A year and a couple of months after we were married we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. Chelsea was also sealed to us. What a great day. I can't find my pictures from that day. I was huge with our next baby, Cortney, and delivered two weeks after.
This is Doran's favorite picture of us years ago.
And this is just a couple of years ago in my mom's back yard.
A year and a couple of months after we were married we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. Chelsea was also sealed to us. What a great day. I can't find my pictures from that day. I was huge with our next baby, Cortney, and delivered two weeks after.This is Doran's favorite picture of us years ago.
And this is just a couple of years ago in my mom's back yard.I just love this man!! He is my best friend!
Thanks so much for everything you do and everything you are Doran.

I LOVE YOUR GUTS!!!!

8 comments:
Oh Jody, what a beautiful post!
Congratulations on 26 years of marriage.I think that is so wonderful and you can sure tell how much in love you to are.
~Diane
What a great story Jody! I believe when it's right you just know and you can clearly see you were made for each other. Congrats on 26 years.
That's the best thing I've read today - I love a good love story!
Congrats to you lovebirds!!!
Happy 26th Mom and Dad!! Thank you for being so amazing and putting up with us! Love yous guts!!!
~ Bug
Happy Anniversary! I love the long hair and I do mean Doran's! You guys are a great couple!
Congratulations!
Happy Anniversary (Love your story). It is wonderful to be married to your best friend.
You guys have to be the most romantic couple I know. SERIOUS! You are so in love, it's sickening! jk!!!
Post a Comment