Monday, January 18, 2010

Chocolate Paint

Over the holidays we textured and painted the kitchen. It was the next best thing to new cabinets which we couldn't get. And a new floor which we couldn't get. I contemplated over spilling some paint and then just rolling it on the floor to LOOK like a new floor but I didn't do it.

I am posting pictures but stressing about it in a way. All the pictures of houses that are posted on other blogs are big gorgeous homes and decorated to the max. Well we live in a little cracker box but it is our "Home". So the saying that applies to us is:

"Our house may be small but Heavenly Father knows where we live and he loves us just the same". AND may I add....it's paid for.

I didn't take before pictures but here are some previous pictures.
This is after. When I opened the can of paint to stir it, it looked like I was stirring fudge. And when the first roll went up. Holy dark. I was a little worried. I loved it but it was dark. All I needed was a chocolate scented candle and I could have got the kids to lick the walls to keep them clean.
Doran put crown molding and chair rail up. He also framed in the windows. He did a great job. This is the picture before I finished painting the chair rail.
And we put a new light fixture up over the stove area. I love it, however, it doesn't put out as much light as I wanted but I still like it. The cabinets and bottom part of the wall was suppose to be a more creamy color but this will do.
This is the after the chair rail was painted. It made the walls a little more creamy.

We found some baskets to put our books and cd's in so I could have the inside of the cabinets for actual dishes.
So that my friends is our fun update. Now if I can just get someone to come over and hang things on the walls. Any volunteers?

11 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

The walls look grrreat!
I love the color chocolate:)

JBPacker said...

It looks awesome. I am always afraid to paint in dark colors. Yours turned out great it gives it a lot of character. I guess I am going to have to get a little more daring.

Kelli said...

I love it, I painted our old house main bathroom, that Ryan and Kyler shaired that color and hung hunter camo shower curtain, towels ect. I loved it. Kevin hates dark colors.

Audrey said...

It looks wonderful! I love it!

Dawn said...

That looks terrific! Great job!

Jen said...

Wow, it looks awesome! I love the paint color. Maybe I can come lick your walls. And haven't you heard the song Little Houses by Doug Stone? If you haven't, go look it up. Love grows best in little houses.

Yvonne said...

It looks great. I am the last person you would ever want to come and help you decorate. I STINK.

Enjoy--it always makes everything feel so nice and new, eh.

UtahJenny said...

Can I come lick your walls??? YUM! I am trying to decide if that is a good idea for a kitchen or not, I might only want to make chocolate from then on out. It looks LOVELY ... we have a fun little home, too - it's not paid for yet, but it is ours and we love it!

Linda said...

I Love it Jody!

Michael and Lisa Sumner said...

It looks great! We are trying to fix up our little space, too, and it's sooo stressful! Good job. :)

Beth at Aunties said...

Jody,
I love what you did to your kitchen and the color is is fun and warm! I also like the cute baskets you found which go perfectly.
Congrats on having your home paid for... This girl can only wish!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...