Thursday, January 7, 2010

Schedule OVERLOAD

I LOVE taken pictures, well "snapshots". But you know what I mean. I do NOT know what I am doing as far as lighting and such so it's a good thing that my camera does know. At least for the most part. However, I sure would like to know how to use all the features in my camera and someday get a nicer SLR camera. The grandkids move too fast for my camera and I would like to capture the action shots of them and the sports activities I attend.

Sooooo last fall I signed up for a photography class. It is held 30 miles from home one day a week and I have to drive a canyon. NOT thrilled about that. As long as the weather is good and the "crazy's" stay home that night I should be ok.
I wanna look this professional. :)
I am hoping that I can remember what they teach. I have this disease where information goes in one ear and out the other. If it wasn't so hollow in there.....
Doran would like to get us a really nice camera too but we are not ready to spend the $800 - $1,400 dollars it would take for the one we want. So I will stick with my point and shoot. It does a good job.
Well just before the Christmas break and AFTER I signed up and committed to my Photography class, I was approach by my boss with the task of creating a web site. I could either find someone to hire it done or do it myself. I figured we could probably create one and then we would be able to keep it updated when we would like to make the changes instead of relying on someone else to do it and then get billed again.
Sooooo I also signed up to take a Web Design class. It will mostly be working on my own....ya using my own brain...hurt hurt, I can feel it already.
Therefore, I am keeping my full-time job, taking a Web Design and Photography class. How do you full-time students do it?
If you have any suggestions on either subject I am taking, send them my way!!!
So good luck to me in both areas. I really want to do well in the Photography for myself. And I want to be able to succeed and do well in the Web Design class for myself and our company.
Not only those things going on.....my house is STILL not put together from the painting we have done. I still have to paint the chair rail and put my stuff away. Clean my blinds and get them hung back up so our neighbors don't get a 24/7 look into the house. Then I get home at night and I am so tired I don't want to do anything. I haven't even made dinner this week.
Cross your fingers....here I go!!

6 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

You'll do great. Love your guts!!

Jen said...

Good for you Jody! I need to take a photography class as well. You'd think that having a mother in law who teaches the class that I'd be able to learn a thing or two from her. Justin's in her class and I hope he learns a lot so that he can teach me! Good luck on the web design. You'll do great!

Gamble Family said...

Ah I'm jealous I would love to take classes like that!! I hope you learn lots about photography so you can share it with us :)

Dianie said...

Jody,
You are Fantastic! You will do great:) I think you will learn quickly as you already have a Knack for both, picture taking and you have a super nice blog.
Keep us posted on your new adventure.

~Diane

Audrey said...

You can do it!

JBPacker said...

I wish I could take the class with you. I have always wanted to learn how to use a camera. Good Luck with the website. I am sure it will be amazing.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...