Monday, January 18, 2010

The Best Is Yet To Be

Another beautiful morning to reflect all that Heavenly Father has given us.

Audrey and I ventured out again in the early morning hours. There was a bit of a skiff of snow falling and it was a holiday which means very little early morning traffic with drivers trying to hurry to their destinations. As we walked on the freshly fallen snow and saw that the deer have been there was so neat. Why? We see prints lots of times, but this morning was different. We passed a gutter that the snow had melted just around it and made a cave of sorts. Beautiful! Then on my way home I noticed tons of deer tracks on my lawn. I know that they come through our neighborhood a lot but to see that they visited our house was comforting for some reason.
The conversation was good. We are reminded that we are not alone in our discouragements and that we can look forward and do our best. I reflected on the talk that Doran’s cousins son gave yesterday at his Homecoming. He talked on the article in the Ensign by Elder Jeffery R. Holland, “The Best is Yet To Be”. And this week our Home Teachers gave the lesson on “Hold On A Little Longer”, by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. What great men and what wonderful messages!
Don’t worry about yesterday and forget about the things we have done wrong. If there are some things we need to make right, then do it and move on. Live each day to the fullest. Be happy. We can always find good in any situation. As Jeffery R. Holland says, “Look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future.”
So I will “Have Faith” and I will “Hold On” and so must you!
This time of year is so hard with the weather so cold and not much sunlight. It can get discouraging but remember what Spring will bring. New hope!
Years ago Doran and I have made a pact to not make New Year’s Resolutions. Can’t remember his reason, but mine is “Why set myself up to fail.” Instead I will just try a little harder each day to be a better person. So you will not see lists from me. Not that I don’t want to make a ton of them but…
I am thankful for a wonderful husband, my best friend, Doran. He is a rock. I am thankful for my family, my home, my job and the many wonderful blessings we enjoy! I am thankful for the gospel and the knowledge I have of eternal families.
Now you go for an early morning walk in the brisk air and look all around you and see what blessings you have.

MAKE a Great Day!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful uplifting post Jody! Thanks, I needed that today

Jen said...

What a great post! I am loving all the beauties of winter that I've never noticed before. Thanks for sharing your walk and talk!

Yvonne said...

I like your idea of just trying to do a little better--that is a great thought.

We are so blessed to know what we know.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...