Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TOU Half Marathon

And this is how it went.......

Friday night we stayed in a hotel in Logan. Doran and I got to Logan early enough to pick up running packets, check into our hotel and go get some yummy dinner at Olive Garden.

While we were there we heard people talking about a bike race and also a motorcycle run for some charity. A lot going on in Logan Saturday.

Jordan had his first football game Friday night so Jon and Jordan didn't get to Logan until almost midnight. Then they had to get up and be at the bus at the park by 5:30 am. Jon ended up driving them to the park so I got to stay in bed. I was wide awake when they left but after reading for about an hour I got a nap before I had to get up and get ready. Here is Jordan all excited and ready to go......he looks just like Jon.
Here's my men as they head out the door.....Good luck guys!
It was a MAD HOUSE there!!!! We found out that there were 2,066 runners so you can imagine how many people were there "watching". It was tough to see anyone coming in to the finish line. The last little bit to the finish line was so crowded and reduced to less than a one lane width of road. It was ok for those runners coming in a couple at a time but when a big group of runners were coming in it got a little congested for them.

This was Jordan's first time running a half marathon so Jon had Jordan stay with him for the first six miles and then he could take off. I am guessing this was to pace Jordan so he didn't wear himself out at the first. Anyway, here comes Jordan flying past where I was. I wasn't expecting them for another 10-15 min. but zoom!!! There Jordan went and I didn't even get a picture. He came in at 1:48.

Then I started watching for Jon and Doran. Jon hasn't been running for awhile and he was just getting over a "Cankle" problem. A couple of weeks prior to this race he had to go have his ankle drained and a shot of cortisone before his trip to China.
This is Doran about 10-11 miles.
Here comes Doran to the finish line. I yelled at him but.... And there he goes....GO DORAN!!!! His time was 1:53I just can't figure out what this smirk is for? He looks like he didn't even break a sweat. Great job JON!!!! His time was 2:01
Yeah!!! They made it!!!
See....they are official.
Then I started looking for my friend, Jen and Heather. Guess what. I missed them too. But I got the back end of her. GO JEN!!
Here they are all beautiful and sweaty.

Jen & Heather.

And Jen.....those socks would have driven me crazy!!! They are cute but I'm glad I didn't have to wear them.
More friends....Jackie and Kayli next.
Wish I would have had the guts to run with you. Great job!!!
Kayli and Jackie
It was so fun to have these guys run so I could cheer them on!!!

GREAT, GREAT JOB!!!! I am so proud of you all!
As was mentioned in a previous post......I would be there with my camera and my cotton candy. (Actually I didn't get the cotton candy until AFTER the race but....)
ANOTHER GREAT RACE!!!

3 comments:

susette said...

These peoples are so inspiring!!! I swore I would NEVER,EVER,EVER run as far as even down the street. Now look what you've got me doing. Who knows, someday I may join the ranks of half marathoners. Wait...I should probably attempt a 10K first right?

Cute photo with you and the pink stuff!!

Yvonne said...

I still can't even imagine a half marathon. Hooray for your husband.

That is a HUGE bag of cotton candy.

Jen said...

AWESOME! I am always so amazed at people's hard work and tenacity and drive to compete and run! It is inspirational.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...