Monday, September 7, 2009

My mom can what?

My girls and I are avid texters. As is my brother and his kids. So when we get together around the dinner table we have all these phones going off at the same time. We try to remember to put them on silent but sometimes we forget. Well the distraction and noise drives my mom crazy. And for good reason. It is annoying when you are trying to carry on a conversation with someone and they start playing with their phone like they are not even paying attention to you. A N N O Y I N G!!! I am SO guilty of this.

Well my mom and Stan are on vacation and their phone broke. They literally had to hold it together while they talked and eventually it just fell apart. They headed in to the closest town (they are camping) to get another phone. Mom called me and told me they got a phone that takes pictures now. (Before they left I told my mom to take pictures to show us when they get home. she is not a big picture taker, especially if there is no one in the picture.) I asked her if they were taking pictures. She said she was taking SOME. She said she would wait until she got home so I could show her how to take pictures and text from her phone instead of taking the time to read instruction. I told her she could still take the pictures and save them and send them later. Well next thing ya know I get a text....this is what it said.
Utodontnohotospace
Meaning....I don't know how to space. I laughed so hard. I thought this was funny!!! She is so cute! I texted her back and told her and then I get this...
It is a picture of Stan from their new phone.
Looks like they are having fun. Doran and I wish we were with them.
Meet the Flintstones

GOOD JOB MOM!!!

On Friday we got a call from my mom's neighbors telling us that a sprinkler thing broke at my mom's house and water was spraying EVERYWHERE. The neighbors had shut the water off and the part that was broke was a timer hooked up to the faucet. They don't know how long it was spraying but it sprayed all over the patio and the side of part of the house and down the outside stairs. We went in and found the laundry room and a bedroom wet. We cleaned it up the best we could and now waiting for it to dry. I have been vacuuming up water from the bedroom for a couple days now. It keeps seeping in through the cement stairs area. It might take a while longer to all dry up. The first night I told them it wasn't that bad, but every time I go back I vacuum up more and more water. I guess it is a little worse than we thought.

They will be heading home tomorrow anyway so we will wait til they get home to figure what else to do. In the meantime, we will just keep going back to vacuum.

This is the one thing that they worry about every time they go somewhere. A flood.

Oh and I called the paper to turn their name in for Yard of the Month a few weeks ago. (Shh, don't tell them I did it) Their lawn sprinklers were ALSO not working so things look a little dry there. We got that going, mowed the lawn and tried CPR on some of their plants. We will just have to wait and see what happens there too. I guess pray for rain...

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

That is too funny--well, the texting part, not the flood in their house.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious about your mom and texting. Love it! So sorry to hear about her flooded basement. Ugh! Not fun. But what a great daughter you are. I'm sure she's not worried a bit knowing she has you to lean on!

susette said...

Mama's are so cute. I've been trying to teach my mom to text and to appreciate it and she just isn't so sure about it all.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...