Thursday, June 11, 2009

Owie, I need some prayers

Audrey and I went running in the rain this morning. It might be raining for the race on Saturday so I thought I would "practice" in the rain. Besides that, when I texted Audrey this morning asking if we were going in the rain she said 'sure'. FINE! So I peeled myself off my mattress. Well for one thing it was tough. Yes, getting out of my cozy bed. No, not the rain, just the running part. I couldn't tell if it was the long restricting pants I was wearing or the fact that my legs weighed 300 pounds each? And we noticed that it was harder to breath in the heavy air.

My knee did pretty good until about half way through. It wasn't really 'hurting' so I took it easy. But now it is kind of sore. Also my left shin was being a hinder during the run. Whaa, whaa, whaa. K, I'm done. The rain actually felt kind of nice when I got warmed up. And this was the first time I wore a ball cap while running. I need to remember to take it. It kept the rain out of my face pretty good. We did make it 4.25 miles though.

SOOO what I am asking is that you ALL say several prayers for me. Oh ya, and for Doran. Oh and Jason is running too so include him. Jason and I are running the 10k and Doran is running the 1/2 marathon. He has never run that far before but I know he can do it!! He is a HE MAN. I just wish my brother, Jon, was running too. He is too busy on vacation. Psha!
How in the world do those people train for a marathon? They amaze me! My only goal is to look like this....
But currently, I look like this. Really!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Praying for you sweetie :)

susette said...

You silly wart! I think pain means you are supposed to rest. I will say my prayers for you anyway.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. We will insert some little prayers for you over here too. Good luck with that race! Doran, you too!

Jen said...

I can't wait to hear about your race! You're gonna do awesome! I'll say some prayers over here for you. I hope your knee holds up o.k. You'll just have to give it a break afterwards!

Shauna said...

Keep me posted please :)

Miss Daisy/Tink said...

Ewww, ouch! I hope you didn't tear anything! You go, girl!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...