Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tis the season and I am so lost.....

We are back now. I feel like the last few weeks have been such a roller coaster ride. Not a very fun one either. We didn't celebrate Doran's birthday. Unless you count dad's funeral. I feel like I have missed out of Thanksgiving and now here it is Christmas time already. We got home last night and drove through town. It is so decorated. This happens every year when we get back from Arizona, but this year seems so different. It has been sad and gloomy and we try to be upbeat and positive. Then to come home to a decorated town. WAIT....why didn't you wait for us to mourn and get through this before you decorated? But really it's ok. I just wish I had the energy to get our house ready for Christmas now.
I tried to explain an experience I had with Doran that I had a Shelley's funeral (Doran's cousin). I didn't tell anyone else and I hesitate to put it on here but..... I really don't think anyone can understand what happened. It was wonderful. During the dedication of the grave I had a glimpse of Shelley. I even had to open my eyes to see if I was really seeing things. She was happy!!! She wasn't even crying for us here but she had compassion for her family and friends. She knew that it wouldn't be long before we saw our loved ones again sooner than we think. This life is such a short one. She was hoping we could stay positive and happy for her and for ourselves. She had family around her like it was a big party. I only wish I would have had this experience with dad, but I am sure he is doing the same. Does it make our hurt go away? No, but oh to know that we will be together again. I am so thankful for the gospel and the teachings of Forever Families.

12 comments:

Kelli said...

I wish I could change so much of this year for you. I know your going through so much and I wish I could help, I wish I wasnt 1000 miles away. Hugs and Prayers for you. Dont take on too much this holiday it will just drive you crazy, Just enjoy your husband, children and grand children. Remember the savior and all he did for us. Just relax and enjoy.

Dawn said...

This is my third Christmas without my father, so I can relate to how you are feeling. (((Hugs))) I think how you saw Shelley is how all who are going to heaven must be. Thank God for that!

Chelsea said...

I love you, Mom. You're right. The hurt doesn't ever go away. But it will get easier to handle. I know exactly what you're going through. It sucks. It does make it nice to know that it's not 'the end'. He loves you. You are his sweetheart and always will be. Remember the little things and every time you do, right them down. Then when you think you're forgetting, go back and read what you've written. You can't imagine how much that does for you.
Alrighty then. That's enough.
I love your guts.

Audrey said...

Jody, I understand exactly what you are feeling. The hardest thing about my loss was that I felt that everyone should stop what they were doing and wait for me to mourn. How could the world keep moving forward when I was standing still. And it seemed that I was always exhausted and didn't have any energy to do anything. It is a weird feeling that doesn't make any sense unless you are in the middle of it.
What a great experience for you to see Shelley!
Hang in there kid! You are doing great!

Amy said...

Jody, I am sending you a (((BIG HUG))).

God bless you!
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

i wish i was there to give you a big hug. ♥

Jen said...

What a blessing to see Shelley for a moment and catch a glimpse of the happiness. What a good thing to reflect on. One of those tender little mercies. Hang in there.

Jen said...

What a beautiful vision...gave me goosebumps and teary eyed. Yes, it is sooo hard to let loved ones go because it is sooo lonely here on this side without our loved ones; but the vision and joy of knowing we will be united is awesome. I often feel of my grandfather's presence who passed away several years ago. He has truly been my angel. I'm grateful for angels seen and unseen.

Smiling Shelly said...

Jody - I've got you in my thoughts and prayers during this holiday season. It is good to know that our loved ones are free from hurt and pain in the afterlife. He is watching out for you and your family until the day you all meet again.

Love the new layout. Oh and when you get a chance, I've got a little something for you on my blog. :)

BIG HUGS!!
Take care.

The Hoyt Family said...

Amen to that!! What a great experience.. Just remember that when life gets hard and you find yourself struggeling it will help pull you through. I wish I could have had an experience like that too when my dad passed away. But just knowing that helps.Wishing you and your family a great christmas and maybe we will even get to see you while we are there visiting..

Glenda said...

Your Testiony will give you the strenghth you need to make it through these trials. My heart aches for you. But you know the whole plan. May you be wrapped in love from your, husband, family and friends. I also want to send you a big HUG!

Nancy Face said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful experience you had when Shelley's grave was being dedicated.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...