Sunday, November 30, 2008

Will I Ever Catch Up?

Just a note to say I am still here. Well sort of. We are actually in Arizona. I brought my laptop to catch up on some things but I don't have access to wireless Internet and I am too lazy to hook up. Therefore, no pictures. But I will post again later.

We had dad's funeral last Monday, on Doran's birthday. Doran got to conduct the funeral for his birthday. It was a wonderful service. I will miss dad and I am having a weepy day today. I am so glad that Doran got home the Saturday before. It was a rough week. I am glad that I have my brother. He is wonderful! My kids and mom and Stan were a great help too. Thank you so much!!

We then left Wednesday for northern Arizona for Thanksgiving. Our plan was to leave on Sunday for the valley to visit Lisa and her family, Cortney and Doran's cousin Shelley. She is on my blog. She has been fighting cancer. After we arrived in AZ, Shelley's family called and said that she has passed away. Our prayers are with her family at this time. Today, Sunday, after church we came down to the valley. Phoenix/Mesa. We will be able to attend Shelley's funeral but wish we could have talked to her before.

Can I just tell you.....I BROUGHT THE WRONG CLOTHES!!! I had the right clothes for northern AZ, but not down here.

I got on to start reading my buddies blogs but I feel so overwhelmed. I don't know where to begin. I don't think I CAN catch up. And I don't know how often I can get online while I am down here. Know that I miss you all and hope you are doing well.

Again let me tell you how thankful I am for all the kind words that you wrote, either by e-mail or as comments. They really did help!!

Audrey, I went running yesterday morning. I missed you! 3.66 miles. Can I walk today?......No. I guess the starting over has begun. ARGG!!!!

I'll be back............

12 comments:

Audrey said...

What an emotional rollercoaster you are on! My prayers are with you and your family! Good job running! I guess I will have to by myself again this week. . . yuck!

Amy said...

Bless your heart! You have had so much going on in your life. I will continue to lift you and your family up in my prayers.

God Bless,
Amy:)

Jen said...

Wow Jody...I can't believe the heartache you've had right now with your dad and now Shelly. My thoughts are with you and don't even THINK of TRYING to catch up...enjoy being with family and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Anonymous said...

i hope today is a better day. remember that you are loved by many....if i was there i would give you a big ol southern style hug!

Kelli said...

You have had a whirlwind year. I think the two of you should go on a cruise. Thats the best medication for so much going on. Hugs to you Jody! and Many many many prayers

Jen said...

Wow, what a birthday present. And I'm sorry to hear about Doran's cousin. Boy when it rains, it pours. Glad you were able to run. Sometimes it really helps clear the brain. Good luck!

Smiling Shelly said...

Don't worry about catching up. We are all still around and praying for you and your family during this difficult time. And, we will still be here when you get back. Take care and God Bless.

Chelsea said...

Hurry home! I'm having withdrawls from you, I think. The baby can sing her alphabet and is almost ready to ride a bike without trainers on it! You'd better hurry.

Kori said...

Jody I am so sorry. I haven't been by your blog in a little more than a week. I ahd no idea. My heart hurts for you. I will be praying for you for strength for your whole family as I know this is a trying time for you all.

Jodi said...

Jody, I am so sorry for all you have been dealing with. I have not been by here for awhile although Audrey informed me about your dad. I want you to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. ♥♥♥

What a blessing to have such a sweet dad.

Redhoodoos said...

Hope you're doing well and traveling safely, my friend.

Nancy Face said...

Oh, so many difficult and heartbreaking experiences you've been facing. I am so sorry. Not a good time for your hubby's birthday, either. (((HUGS))) to you!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...