This year I decided to try a different look for our tree. As I started decorating I was wishing I would have went with our traditional decorations. All of those were ornaments from past years and there was a lot of meaning in each ornament. It was also nice to reflect on past years and memories. While we were in Arizona I asked Doran's mom if she would make some bows to go with the new look and they turned out really nice. Thanks so much!!
Well I kept going with the new ornaments. I thought the "peppermint" red and white would be pretty so I did it. I even decorated the mantle which was a new experience for me. I am NOT a decorator. I would like to hire someone to come to my house and decorate every month for each occasion. Anyway....
I LOVE my mantle.
It would look better had I taken the pictures with my camera instead of my phone and it even looks nicer in person.


The tree is still waiting for daddy to fix the missing lights but I didn't want to wait. After these pictures of the tree I even added more ornaments. At first I thought it would be too much but the more I added, the more I liked it.
The only ornament that was NOT new was the one I got the year my dad died. It was an ornament from Heaven.
And my new hairdo look. Well for one day anyway. I just can't seem to fix it the same any day. I have had 6 new looks in one week.
I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas season.>
And may we focus on the real meaning for the celebration!! 

6 comments:
Jody,
I think your new decorations are stunning! I adore your tree it is so magical.. and your mantle is just gorgeous..I especially love the words you have hanging above the mantle..
I don't go to church..well hardly ever, but i have always had a deep spiritual connection with Jesus, I know he held my hand many times and walked beside me, when life my life seemed the the grimmest.
It seems as though,especially during the Christmas season, I have a big lump in my throat, I am humbled, and so grateful that our savior was born..
gee, I bet you weren't expecting that ?
Thanks for sharing your beautiful decorations.
~Diane
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!
Love your decorations. It's a beautiful mantelscape.
LOVE the tree skirt. So cute!
Everything looks so pretty! I like the fun candy cane skirt under the tree as well. Maybe cuz I love candy canes. I think it would make me want to eat candy canes all the time.
Yay for new hairdo's. Now come do mine please!!
I love it! The skirt just really completes the whole thing! It's very YOU!
Oh my heck! Your decor is gorgeous!! Maybe next year you can help my with mine! it needs help.
I love all the red!
I'm also loving the new cut! SO stylish! And if I could whistle, I total would.
Post a Comment