Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Adventures

Beginning in October I told Chelsea I would pay for Bananie to take piano lessons if she didn't mind. I provided her with a keyboard that I had at the house collecting dust, well except when the kids came over to play with it.

Chelsea agreed to let her take lessons and she would get her to and from her lessons.

I talked to her teacher at Stake Conference a little over a week ago to see how she was progressing. Teacher said she is sailing! She is much further along than she thought she would, being a beginner. When Bananie started, Teacher thought she would be fine with the keyboard for a year or so but that is not so. So....I started looking for the "real thing". After several disappointing opportunities we finally brought this home last night. It was a happy surprise for Bananie! Now we just need to get it cleaned and tuned and off she goes!

I have often heard that when children participate in musical lessons, their school studies improve. Bananie is already brilliant and I can't wait to see her be more brillianter. Ya, I said that right.

I am proud of you Bananie!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a great gift! It's one that will bless her life and the lives of others for years! What a good grandma!

Kelli said...

we have a mini piano, I never saw them before so I fell inlove with it, no one plays here, im waiting until the kids turn 7 or maybe 8. She is brilianter just like my kids. haha

Anonymous said...

I wish I could read your posts. For some reason, your blog is coming up black. I can see your pictures, but not the words. Sniff, sniff. It looks like you've got a mini Beethoven on your hands!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...