Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day of FUN FUN FUN!!!

Saturday began with Doran, Joni and I along with a few youth from our ward attending EFY (Especially For Youth) at 9:00 am - 12:00. We heard from three wonderful speakers. A couple of them were FUUNNY! I wish that ALL the youth would take the opportunity to go to these things. They are always great!
Afterwards Doran and I went and had some lunch before I headed out with some friends to Women's Conference.
Holly and Sherrie left a little earlier to make a shopping stop. Can you believe they went without us? Next time girls, next time. So Joni and I drove down to meet them at the Front Runner train in Ogden.
We decided we looked like a couple of missionaries. What do you think?

I had a hard time deciding which pictures to use but here you go. You decide if we had a great/fun/terrific time.The Front Runner trip took an hour to our stop. We had plenty of time for goofing being prim and proper.

Here is Joni and I showing how to be good girls. Holly and Sherrie."Take one of me!""Let me IN!!!!"Holly and Sherrie showing off their muscles.Joni and I showing off our face lifts.HmmmOur stop was right in front of The Gateway. So we HAD to go see what we can see!!! The very first thing I spotted was THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY!!! I love this store. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, their chocolate dipped strawberries!!!! Whenever Doran and I are travelling and we see one of these he doesn't even ask if I want to go there. He takes me. He is so good to me. Now I will let him know where this one is.

Because we are good girls we had a our dinner before we went for the chocolate. We ate at Applebees. YummHere we are pigging out enjoying our salsa.Ok. Is this better?Here are the pop addicts.And what in the world was in the lemons they put in our water?AFTER we got our chocolate dipped strawberries AND carmel apple, we got on the TRAX to our final destination. The Conference Center. If anyone knows me well, you know that I get motion sickness very easy. That is why I always offer to drive where ever we go. Here we are on the TRAX. Can you believe I got on facing backwards? What was I thinking?A little too much fun? Nah!!While on the TRAX some ladies behind us asked what was going on that all these ladies were dressed up and without their families. I told her is was a Woman's Conference and asked them if they would like to go with us. They immediately said no. I guess that ended my "missionary opportunity". When we got to our stop the ladies said, "Look, there are more of your kind. You better hurry and get off here." How funny was that?

Here we are waiting in line to go into the Conference Center. I love these friends. They all "look up" to me. Eh heh.And here we are inside. Isn't this a beautiful place?We got really good seats. But we still had to zoom the cameras. This is the First Presidency! What great men! We heard from the General Relief Society presidency and President Uchdorf. He is a wonderful speaker. I wish we would have heard from President Monson and President Ering. I love to hear them all. This weekend will be the General Conference and we will all be able to hear them!! AND the choir was amazing!And look who sat in front of us MEL!!!After the wonderful conference, we got back on the TRAX, then back on the Front Runner. It was more fun than I thought it would be. Of course it helps to have great company!!

We couldn't end our evening there. We had to go over to the Union Station and get some fries and dessert. Holly and Sherrie shared a ..... cookie something.Joni and I shared a strawberry cheesecake that was to die for. OK maybe not to die for. But it was so good we had to lick the plate.It was a great day/evening. Thanks girls for helping me get my head above water!!! Until next time........

11 comments:

Kelli said...

I dont think i have had that much fun in years!!! wish I was with ya all.

Audrey said...

Wow - what a GREAT day! Next time will you share your chocolate & carmel & strawberries?

Redhoodoos said...

Jody - looks like you had a great day! You guys are party animals! Love it.

You're on my blog roll!! I've been meaning to add you because I love your blog!

Do you live in Utah?

Jen said...

That looks like SO MUCH fun! I wish I could have gone. It really was a wonderful conference. I love the Charlie's Angels pose! Too cute!

JBPacker said...

Can I go with you guys next year??? Or just anywhere? I read your blog about Doran and his Peachdays race and it choked me all up. You guys are such an awesome couple. Make sure he takes good care of himself.

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I looks like you had a wonderful time. Good for you! I loved Women's Conference too, from my stake center.:) Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo. It looks like you guys had a great time! Really a fun bunch of ladies you have there.

And I think licking the plate does mean "to die for!"

Glenda said...

You are such a fun person!! I went to the conference also, with all my daughters and sister-in-laws, we had a great night, but need to take some party like a Rock Star lessons from you!

Michael and Lisa Sumner said...

I think you look like the cutest missionaries ever! (first picture) It looks like great fun.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!! you are sooo much FUN!!!!! i love all those Crazy Girlly Pictures!!!! YAY!!!!


by the way.....i TAGGED YOU ON MY BLOG.... COME see! ♥

Jodi said...

Ooooooh I can't believe I missed out on such fun! I watched it from the chapel...yep the chapel. No, train, food, or fun! Oh well...at least the spirit was there. Glad you had such a blast! And I am so impressed you took so many photos!

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...