So we headed back down and met mom and Stan on their way up.
Some of the exciting things we saw on the trail. This is a Rubber Boa. It actually moved like a HUGE earthworm. I didn't even know which end is up.
It was actually a beautiful area.
We definitely have to go back here with a better camera.

We left for home Sunday morning and then dropped the trailer off, showered and packed for work meetings in Salt Lake. We arrived in Salt Lake for my work meetings that evening. We LOVE hotels with two beds!!One for me, one for daddy.
What do you do with a new phone during meetings?
When my meetings ended at Noon o'clock on Tuesday we packed up and headed south. We met Cortney and James in Provo for lunch. Family this is James. Things have been really moving fast with these two and I am so glad to see her this happy!
From there we didn't know really where we were going but we had the rest of the week off work. I We talked about going to Cedar City and catching some shows and then not sure what we would do until Friday night when we were to be back in Provo. The plan was to hike Mt. Timpanogos on Saturday morning with Cortney, James, Susette and a couple of her kids. Well Susette kept us up to date on the weather. It snowed over the "camping/work meetings" weekend but we would still watch and see if it cleared up.
We were the only ones in the place until we were about done and two more couples came in. I can't image how packed this place gets during the "peak" season.
So we enjoyed this most of the night.





From SNOW to THIS in just a couple of hours.
We arrived in Anaheim Wednesday afternoon and found a hotel right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. What sold us on this hotel is that we reserved THREE nights but if we only ended up staying ONE night we wouldn't be charged with cancellation fees. Our plans were that we would spend Thursday and Friday at Disneyland and drive home Saturday. We just purchased a ONE day ticket and if we thought we didn't see enough we would upgrade to a two day by the end of the day.
Can you believe that we are actually here? I really don't care WHERE we are as long as we are together, but this was exciting.
There were a couple of cats at a food court area. Kind of fun. They weren't afeared of anyone and I am surprised that they weren't a couple of fatties because of how many people kept feeding them.
Indiana Jones, here we come!
Indiana Jones was our first and favorite ride. We actually went back to ride this a second time.
Then the Matterhorn
Look! I finally saw a moose this year!! I have been hoping to see one. We have been in Jackson and Yellowstone and canyons but no sign of them until we come to Disneyland!!!
It's a Small World. Not sure Doran really wanted to go on this but....and all I could say is, "Oh the grand kids would love this."
Doran had a headache most of the morning so by time we got to Space Mountain he was not feeling the greatest. This picture looks like we are having fun....NOT!! All I kept thinking was...Please don't frow up, please don't frow up. I didn't realize Doran was feeling the same way until we got off and he said, "No more rides for a bit." He doesn't get sick that often but we had to find a place to sit and let him close his eyes. We will NEVER, EVER go on this ride again!!! I need to see where I am going and this was not good for my motion sickness.
Now THIS (Splash Mountain) was FUN!!! I was so afeared to get drenched but we didn't get it too bad. Look at the family in front of us. They were a hoot.
And the last ride of the day.......
We decided that we didn't need a second day this time. We would like to come back and go to California Adventure land though.
Oh this was so relaxing and fun. We just LOVE to be together!!!
Sometimes it takes daddy FOREVER to snap a picture.
Look at all the sharks!!! Oh, maybe they are surfers.
This was so fun!
We walked to the end of the "pier" and found some fishermen. This was cool. They would throw a line in with several hooks and brought up a few "HOLY MACKEREL"'s at the same time.
We walked along the beach for the romance and watch the
On the way back we saw some lady walking fast with a camera heading towards us. She was pointing her camera at the water, not us. Then we saw it! A seal! He was just a swimming and almost came on the sand to shake our hands. By time I got my camera out it was hard to catch him. How fun was THAT!!! He was surfin' with the surfers.
What a GREAT day!!!


10 comments:
Awwwwww.....
You two are my idols.
What a happily ever after!
It's so great how spontaneous the trip turned out! What fun!
I'm glad you guys got to go. We missed you.
How fun!! Disneyland is my favorite place in the world. Me and my kids are so jealous!
Ah, so fun!!!
It would have been even more fun if you would have taken me and James :-/
Glad you had such a fun trip together!
I Love SPONTANEOUS!!!!
Looks like you two had a great time :)
~Diane
I always dream about just "going" and see what happens but I am way to planned to do that. looks like you had so much fun. I LOVE DISNEYLAND!
Oh wow! What fun! I'm totally jealous!
And crushed that you didn't invite me!!
LOL! J/K
Post a Comment