Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend in Review

What a wonderful weekend we had!! Sit back and I will tell you the fun times we had including ALL the close up pictures and faraway pictures. And you will have to envision Friday night pictures. We were all so busy having fun that none of us took pictures. I know, I know. We will be disqualified from the Blogger of the Year Award.
Friday night began with Susette, her hubby, Mark, her son and daughter, Porter and Kali, getting here around....ummm.....sometime after 5:00 pm and before 7:00 pm. We began fixin' dinner. Chelsea and Jason and the kids came over too. Chelsea and Jason pitched a tent in the yard to have a sleep over. Susette's family stayed too!! We grilled some hamburgers and had all the salads and stuffs that go with a Barbecue.
As we were cleaning up a little, Porter broke out Doran's guitar. Well I just had to join him so I grabbed mine too. We did a couple of songs. Porter is so talented with music.
Kali's in-laws came to pick her up so she could visit and stay with them for the night. After she left and the squitoes started chewing us up we headed in to play games. Well SOME of us made it to the game table. Here again I wish we had pictures AND videos. We got laughing so hard we were crying. I had so much fun!!! I'm pretty sure everyone else did too.
After some side aches we headed to bed. We all slept in the next morning. Then after breakfast we went on a hike to the "B". This is where the pictures begin.
Not sure if anyone else stopped to smell the roses.....er flowers....er weeds, but I did. What good is a hike if you can't enjoy your surroundings?
Porter liked these trees. He really did smile.
Momma Susette and Porter. Kali didn't go with us and Mark was somewhere on the mountain. I can't believe we didn't get any pictures of either one of them. Sheesh.
Oh there is Mark, way up ahead. And the close up is more fun.
Hey! Isn't there suppose to be a Priesthood holder at the beginning and at the end of a hiking line? They forgot to read the rules.
My buddy and me. OK. Can you see my 25 chins? Well Doran kept taking the pictures telling me that he could see them. So I want you to tell me if you see them.I think this is the picture that he took AFTER I fell trying to stick out my neck so my CHIN(S) didn't show.
And here we are at the "B". If you look close Porter is sitting by the patch of green at the bottom of the B.
Here is a closer look.
Doran and I made it just a little further than this picture but we did NOT touch the B. Why? Well my excuse was that I did not want to twist my ankle on these huge rocks because Susette and I were going to play racquetball later.
On our way down.
Give me that milk.....Moo moo moo....
I wish I would have taken this while we were further up, but what a view!
And can you believe what Susette MADE me eat when we got back......These healthy treats. She even had buttered popcorn taffy. Can you say YUCK! I didn't even try that kind.
RACQUETBALL TIME!!! Tons of fun!! When is our next meet Wart?After all the fun Susette headed for the hills.....I mean home. I hope we can do that again real soon!!! Thanks for coming Susette!!
Sunday was the usually church meetings except Chelsea and the girls came with us to our ward. Jason stayed home sick. I wonder if it was my cookin'.... Nah.
Monday morning I enjoyed another day of sleeping in while Doran went for a run. I really should have gotten to the gym but my mattress was stuck to my back.
We got ready and ran to the store to get some flowers for dad's grave site. We met my brother Jon and his family and Chelsea and her family at the cemetery. There was a wonderful program and a balloon release.
Here is Monkey writing on a balloon for Grandpa Joe. Katie, Jordan, Miranda and Cookie
Bananie writing her message.
And mine
All done.
Cookie actually made two balloons. The first one got away before it was time for the release.
This is the second one. It is Grandpa Joe with a cowboy hat and he is clapping.
I got more emotional during the program than I thought I would. They did a great job. There were a couple of medals given too.
I wish I would have gotten a front view of this. The helmet, rifle, boots and tags each represented something.
This man in the wheelchair is one of the people that received a medal. And I really got choked up when he stood and placed his hand on his heart during "Taps". I think many of us forget what a huge sacrifice the men and women in the armed forces go through to keep this land free. We must always honor those who serve.
The Twenty-One Gun Salute
Then we were given a few minutes to get to our families grave sites and they would signal with more shots to release the balloons.
Don't drop me....I mean I love my Uncle Jonny. LOL
Denise
Bananie is such a good big sister!!
We're ready....
GO!!!
We love you Dad (Grandpa Joe). We miss you.
Jordan
Miranda and Jason
Cute GriLsHere is Jon doing what he does best.
Wake up, wake up. Cute Katie
Sis No Bawlin' came over to get some grub too but she left before we got the pictures going. Bishop No Bawlin' was home being a sickie.
Me and my little MonkeyMy two favorite men.Miranda and Bananie enjoying some Fat Boys.
And Cookie too
Can I listen to your i-pod too?
Camri is giving the griLs a ride on my FAVORITE blanket, getting grass stains all over it. Sheesh.
Does this look like fun?
Ah ha ha ha.
Hang on!!

What a wonderful weekend to "Hang Around" at grandma's house. We missed Cortney and my Mom and Stan though. Hopefully next get together we will ALL be here!!!

4 comments:

susette said...

Holy Hannah Wartums! This post must have taken you half the night! But honestly, I do love all the photos you post. I like to do lots of photos too.

Okay! We had a blast with you guys and look forward to hanging out again.

My shins will never be the same after this hike. I think once is enough for going to the "B" for this cheeka.

Just wait little miss until I get my racquetball skills improved MAJORLY and then I will kick your spekshrkeps like you kicked mine!!

I remember you laughing so hard and wiping the tears numerous times after game playing, but now I can't even remember what was so funny that we were even laughing at??? AHHHH good times!!

Smell roses?? I was just thankful I could breathe with darn allergies and a stuffy nose and a straight up-hill hike to focus on.

That cute little porter. Who put a nickel in him?? If I even had half his energy...

Sillllly me, why am I wearing sunglasses in da house?

You guys had quite the party weekend even after we left! Have you recovered yet??

Audrey said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Man, hiking to the B is rough! Did you see any snakes? And I love the pictures of the balloons. What a fun idea!

Jen said...

Okay, I am TOTALLY jealous! This looks like waaay fun and I am totally jealous that you and Susette hit it off so wildly! Glad you are having some great times together. Loved all of your pictures. We went to Boise that weekend to celebrate my hubby's dad's 70th birthday! Woot! It was fun being with family.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...