Sunday, November 11, 2007

READY......SET.......

My friend Audrey and I took the opportunity to run in the Turkey Trot yesterday in Tremonton. It is a 5k (for those that are like me that is 3.1 miles). This is the first race I have been in. It was harder than I thought. Ya ya. Some of you might say 3.1 miles no big deal. But to me it was a huge deal. No I didn't run all the way. Are you kidding? It didn't have any down hillers. Those are what I count on. Then again THEY SAY there were no up hillers either. But if you ask me it was ALL up hill. A steady climb. It was painful. What was I thinking? I can't even image those of you who run marathons.
Well we finished. And we weren't in last place. Yeah! Audrey finished 33.42 and I finished 31.04. Now is the time you all applaude! Not bad for two old ladies eh? (Sorry Audrey). NOW, do I want to shorten my time for next time or do I just want to be content to watch? Hmm....
Can you see us? Course not. We were clear at the back.

Yeah, the finish line!! Maybe if I wasn't so worried about turning in my sticker on my shirt I would have come in 5 minutes sooner. Ha ha.

Look, there is my honey waiting for me and cheering me on!!



Here comes Audrey. I had to go back and get my buddy. We sometimes sprint on our last leg of our runs in the morning. Had to do it here too.

And here we are. A couple of Turkey's who won (bought) a shirt. Go girls, go girls, uh huh, it's all right. ya ya. (I am doing a dance)

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

YAY!! Go girls, go girls...

Tanna said...

That is great! You won't ever find me in one of those things. I really don't enjoy running...so WAY-TO-GO!!! Quite an accomplishment if you ask me!!

susette said...

good job girls! I only ran in a race once. Nearly killed me.
The 4th of July 10K that goes right down the parade route. The cheering crowds kept me going for sure. I crossed the line at 66 minutes. I was about 15 years younger and 20 pounds lighter. I doubt I ever try it again.

New Blog

I have the NEW BLOG started and much to do but I wanted to share with the family and whoever else is interested in our Christmas activities...